Sunday, October 19, 2008

Daddy's Second 1/2 Marathon

This morning at 5:50am Daddy rolled out of bed to run the Primo's Run for Education. He ran the 1/2 Marathon! The race started in Danville and ended in San Ramon. The kids and I met him at the finish line. I was kind of 1/2 hoping he would just sleep in today and skip the race, but when I woke up at 8am he wasn't there. so I scurried around, took a quick shower and got the kids up and ready to meet him at the finish line. I thought the park parking lot would be open and we'd just hop out and walk to the finish line, but everything was closed so we parked a ways away and ran/walked in (the kids strollered in). I was worried we wouldn't make it in time, but we were able to see Uncle Ryan and Daddy cross the finish line!! We shuttled Uncle Ryan and Daddy back to Danville to get their cars and came home before 10:30am! What a morning! I think I'm ready for a snoozer.

I took a photo of the finish line just in case we missed Daddy.
Uncle Ryan after he crossed the finish line and got his goodie bag
Daddy struggling
You're almost there!!
Daddy after he crossed the finish line with his goodie bag!
Daddy crossed the line in just over 2 hours!
Whoo Hoo.

No comments: