Friday, November 14, 2008

Day in San Francisco

Today Clark took a vacation day and we took the kids to the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I think it reopened it's doors in September, but it's taken us until now to make the trip out there. Some days San Francisco seems like a world away even though Daddy goes out there every day for work! It was well worth the wait and the trip. I think we ended up getting there around 11am (we were trying for 9:30a when the doors open, but we all know how that goes) and stayed until 2:30ish? It's a beautiful building with lots and lots of stuff to see. It'll be a really great place to visit once the crowds thin. Today we were chatting with one of the volunteers and he was saying on the weekend you can barely walk around so today was quite nice. We were able to walk around and all, but there were a lot of people there. I can't imagine taking kids on the weekend!! Crowds aside, we all had a great time and look forward to our next visit.

In the aquarium section, they have all these small aquariums
set up and they are just the perfect height for kids to see.
Gregory looking at the touch pools
(of course he didn't touch anything)
Bailey touching the sea star and abalone.
Gregory just soaking everything in.
 Lunch break!
Daddy made musubis this morning and we packed
up some grapes and finger jello to go along with them.
We found a nice bench outside the academy, but after
walking around after lunch we found some perfect
picnic spots within the grounds that we will eat at next time.
One of the highlights was the rain forest section.
Once you enter, they have butterflies,
birds, frogs, fish, etc all around.
Bailey LOVED seeing the butterflies!

VIDEO - inside the rain forest

I'm not sure if Bailey realized they were stuffed,
but she liked seeing these animals up close.
Check out the photoshow section. I'm going to post another show with more pictures. I think we took close to 80 while we were there. Don't worry, I won't post them all! So much to see!

No comments: