Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chabot Space and Science Center

This morning we packed a picnic lunch and I took the kids to Chabot Space and Science Center.  I had never been so we weren't sure what we were going to see, but it turned out to be a perfect place for us! The kids were able to play with all sorts of things, made a ultraviolet bracelet, paper airplane and a water rocket!  We missed all the shows because we were having too much fun, but we'll just have to plan another visit someday...



This is what Gregory was looking at through the large telescope





Bailey looking at Jupiter!  

Here we are looking at the spots on the sun and how quickly the earth moves

This is a HUGE telescope.  Apparently it was in that Tom Hanks movie Apollo 13.





These rockets flew VERY high in the sky.  I have a video (Gregory went again), but I missed this shot because I didn't realize how high they were going to go.  


No comments: