Sunday, January 27, 2013

Trip to LA

This weekend we drove down to LA for Grandpa's 49 day service and burial.  He has a nice resting spot at the top of a hill in a very pretty cemetery.  The service was short, but the message was so nice ~ based on a poem originally by Mary Elizabeth Frye titled Do Not Weep at My Grave but translated back to English from a Japanese version.  I can't remember the title and couldn't find it on the internet so Auntie Lynn is going to ask the minister for me.  I'll post later!  After the service we all had a nice lunch at Tokyo Lobby.  

AND THEN we went Bachan's house and Christmas continued for the kids!
Uncle Denis and Auntie Gloria brought out presents for the kids!



Lauren had a game Saturday night and a final due on Sunday so she went back to school after the service.  Auntie and Uncle went to watch her game.  (They WON!)  Auntie Gloria had to go home and the rest of us had a nice HUGE pot of curry (YUM) and chatted until (was it) 9PM??  

Sunday - more presents from the Taketomos!




Auntie helping Bailey with a butterfly pillow craft project she found for her

New card game for Gregory!

Lunch - Udon - notice the fancy kamaboko??  Bachan taught me how to cut, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to replicate!

No comments: