Sunday, September 21, 2008

My little baby is turning TWO this week!

Wow, doesn't time fly by...Gregory is going to turn two on Tuesday so we kicked off his birthday week with a kinda special dinner and CUPCAKES! This afternoon while Gregory was snoozing Bailey and I baked a batch of chocolate cupcakes. When he woke up they were perfectly cooled and we frosted them with orange frosting and rainbow sprinkles. I gave each of the kids a dollop of frosting so they could frost a mini cupcake for their snack - well, Gregory pretty much popped the whole lump of frosting into his mouth and ate it before it even hit his cupcake. Then he took the wrapper off his cupcake and ate the cake. Bailey plopped her frosting on top and quickly ate her cupcake too. For dinner I roasted a chicken, mashed potatoes, made stuffing and zucchinis - of course with gravy. The kids love gravy! After dinner we practiced blowing out candles and enjoyed another cupcake. After all, birthday week only comes around once a year...

Gregory with his plain cupcake
Bailey enjoying the frosting off her frosted cupcake
"I'm THREE"
"But I'm going to be FOUR!"
"Hah, hah, hah!"

Daddy blowing out the candle with his tongue curled.
Gregory beating me and blowing the candle out alone




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gregory!!!! I hope you have a terrific birthday week filled with many more cupcakes!

Riva said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Gregory!!! Boy, how time flies! Sounds like you guys had a fun celebration this weekend!! I taped the twins (or at least Jeffrey) singing happy birthday to Gregory on video and will send it to you shortly.