Today we were planning to go to the zoo, but when Daddy got home from grocery shopping he said it was still 32 degrees outside and freezing. We decided to wait a bit and got side tracked with other things so I decided to make Chicken Buns. First I made some Amish White Bread and while they were in the first rise I made some chicken teriyaki filling. They were a lot harder to make than I anticipated since the bread dough I made was quite sticky, but they were delicious! Definitely worth the trouble. The Amish White Bread also makes really tasty bread without the filling if you're ever looking for some easy bread/rolls to make.
Teriyaki Chicken Filling
4 boneless chicken thighs - finely chopped
1 rib celery - diced
1 carrot - diced
5 green onions - diced
4 cloves garlic
3 T sugar
1/4 c shoyu
splash of sake
1T cornstarch
3 T water
Cook chicken, drain fat. Add veggies and cook for a couple of minutes. Add sugar, shoyu, sake and cook a few more minutes. Mix cornstarch with water and add to chicken mixture to thicken. Cool before stuffing buns. OH! I also added a little sesame seed oil and sesame seeds.
Stuff buns, let rise about 30 minutes and bake 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. I baked on parchment paper. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment