Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!



This morning the kids woke up and had a Halloween party in their room with all their little buddies. They made Halloween decorations, danced and were busy for a good hour and a half! When we went downstairs they brought their party and played while I made a Halloween breakfast of cinnamon toast pumpkins - I had intended to make spooky ghost pancakes, but I was just TOO POOPED. For lunch we made crescent roll mummies! That was pretty fun. We had an open house today so after lunch we cleaned up and decided to take the kids miniature golfing - a first - and I don't know if you've been miniature golfing lately, but it has changed. They used to have all sorts of fun buildings and little hidden holes - now it is mostly short putting greens and TWO fun holes out of the 18. The kids thought it was the neatest thing, but not like they used to be... When we got home we quickly started dinner - I was planning to make our traditional pumpkin meatloaf, but that takes 2 hours so I changed my mind and was going to just make a regular meatloaf so the kids could eat and be ready to go trick-or-treating by 6pm, but then Gregory asked me to make a "special Halloween dinner" so Clark said he'd help me make the pumpkin meatloaf. I ended up making both and we ended up eating the regular meatloaf that was ready in an hour while the pumpkin finished cooking. Bailey carved a cute face and we'll have to eat it for lunch one of these days. Good thing the kids (and Daddy) like meatloaf! Anyways, after dinner they got ready, put lights in the pumpkins and off they went! They brought home an awful lot of candy - most they were allergic to - but they know they the routine - bag up all the candy they can't eat so Daddy can take it to work! They were really excited this year because there were about 10 pieces they were still able to keep! Side note - I had some RUDE trick-or-treaters this year!! Kids who would grab candy out of my bowl with the parents standing right there!! UGH.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments: