Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bailey Loves...

 
Bailey is growing up to be a young little lady who loves to be our little "helper bee." She especially loves to help in the kitchen - cooking, setting the table, clearing the dishes, even feeding Gregory when he has troubles. She isn't too keen on cleaning up her toys and often has Gregory do all the work, but we are working on that.

Bailey loves to play with her calico critters. She can only play with them when Gregory takes a nap since there are too many small pieces, but she loves to throw them parties! Has me make party hats and cakes. Sometimes even decorations!

She also enjoys playing with all her small "friends" - animals and people. Our living room gets covered with little toys daily. I need to invent a toy vacuum to clean up after them.

Bailey loves to eat and doesn't really have any favorites. She's starting to get a little picky about the veggies she eats - not crazy about zucchinis at the moment, but she'll still eat the mini zucchinis from the farmer's market. She LOVES noodles and serving herself. I need to watch out when we eat family style since she can't tell when she's full and will continue to serve herself whatever is near her.

She still goes for physical therapy once a week. Her therapist is Kevin and he is contracted through the school district. We go to a motor room at Mauzy where she'll be attending preschool in the fall! She also goes for occupational therapy at the Children's Hospital in Oakland with Nina. We only have two more sessions though. Insurance covers most of her OT, but I don't think they'll be approving any more. We'll miss Nina.

Bailey is going to start summer school next month. I'm hoping this will make for an easy transition into preschool. We'll see. She talks about going to school quite often and seems to be looking forward to it. For a while she kept telling me she was going to school with her cousin Emma, but I think she is now realizing she'll be going alone.

I think that's about it for our Bailey update. She still follows her daddy around like a shadow. She tells him he's her sweetie pie and he tells her she's his sweetie pie too.

No comments: