Sunday, June 29, 2008

We all scream for ice cream!

This morning I told Bailey we should make some ice cream. Never making soy ice cream, I just thought I'd replace the milk for soy and no problem. Well, I did a little searching on the internet and found you can't just replace soy for milk and also found it was quite difficult to find a good recipe that didn't include gelatin, arrowroot, soy lecithin, or OIL??? After some searching I found this recipe that used tofu or yogurt and maple syrup as the sweetener. Maple syrup? Yeh, sounded weird to me, but we tried it. We made banana ice cream with allergy free chocolate chips! Really tastes like maple syrup ice cream with a light taste of banana. Oh well, I'll have to do more research. The kids like it and they had a good time making it - all that matters to me really.

Bailey cutting the bananas
Gregory eating the bananas instead of
putting them in the cuisinart.
Bailey adding chocolate chips to the partially
frozen ice cream
Can I taste???
Gregory adding some chips, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Baily looks just like her Mommy!

Check out how my boys look like me!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45765&l=4eb3c&id=604953637

Danny