Monday, January 18, 2010

"Builder Hero"

Tonight while we were having dinner Bailey was telling me how Daddy was her hero - her "Builder Hero!" Well, a three day weekend has come and gone and we have progressed on our counter project! Whoo hoo. (Can you hear me cheering loudly?) Today Clark spent most of the day cutting tile and fitting pieces together like a great big puzzle. He may actually start pasting them down tonight?

After inhaling a ton of cement dust, Daddy finally decided to get a mask today


I should've taken a photo after his face dried so you can really get the effect. Quite funny!


One side of the counter


Little corner area. I think it's going to look nice with our cabinets.


I'm mostly excited about this extra 12 inches added to our counter for a little breakfast bar!
Cross you fingers and pray we'll have finished project pictures next weekend! :)

1 comment:

sherri said...

Wow, Clark is quit the handyman! It looks like it's going to be nice. Would he say it's easy to do? Is tiles a lot cheaper than full slab?