Today Bailey had her last occupational therapy with Nina. Bailey loves Nina and it's a little sad that we won't be going to see her anymore, but Bailey's fine/oral motor skills are now age appropriate and she no longer requires occupational therapy. Whoo Hoo! I'm also glad we don't have to drive to Oakland anymore! Also these last 6 sessions were all oral motor therapy sessions and I had to cook food for a 45 minutes eating fest. Bailey loves to eat and I'd have to prepare at least 5 things each time we went. For oral therapy Nina worked on chewing, frosting cupcakes, making sandwiches, eating drippy things with a spoon, sucking from a straw, cutting things with a fork, plus activities we can do at home to just strengthen her mouth.
For fine motor, we worked on cutting, drawing, coloring, pasting, pushing herself on a scooter across the floor with her hands, crawling through tunnels, hitting a ball with a racket, catching a ball, plus more! Each week Bailey would have a picture or two to take home and hang on the refrigerator. She just loved it!
It's really amazing how much improvement she has made since going to see Nina. We're going to miss her.
1 comment:
I understand how you guys will miss Nina, but it's so great to hear that Bailey no longer needs her therapy. Great job in packing up the 45 minutes of food and being there for her.
Post a Comment