Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of SPRING!!!

Yeah! Spring is here. Spring is my favorite season and I'm so happy it's finally here! The hills are green, the daffodils are blooming along 680 (actually they are past their peak now. strange weather this year), we've had picnic lunches three days this week and...


our doves are back! They've been working on their nest this week and the mommy dove looks comfy now. She didn't even mind it when I went out to refill our bird feeder.


Here's the daddy keeping watch. They are really interesting to watch. They are always close by. Last year they had two babies...we're wondering how many they'll have this year...Bailey says she's hoping for four.


We baked spring cookies yesterday. We made them for daddy's first day of spring lunch, but when I went to make his sandwich I realized we only had one slice of bread! So he had to go out instead.


We sponge painted flowers today in honor of the first day of spring. Bailey did a nice job, but Gregory wasn't into painting flowers.


Here's Bailey's final piece. She wanted purple and green flowers. (We only have red, yellow and blue paint so we need to choose colors we can easily mix)


Gregory was more interested in painting fish


We also made some flowers using oil filters (I wanted coffee filters, but we don't have any), but I guess I forgot to take a picture of them. That's okay. Don't make flowers out of oil filters. The ink gets absorbed between the sheets and the ink fades out.

Forecast for tomorrow is RAIN! Boo hoo...

1 comment:

Riva said...

Happy Birthday to Clark!

What a nice and yummy looking cake! I can see you're quite a talented baker, with the cake and the cookies!

You come up with such great art projects for the kids. I need to do more of that stuff with the twins. They do love doing the dot-art...

Happy Spring!