Saturday, July 11, 2009

Homemade Hairclips

Yesterday I had lunch with Sherri and she gave me some naked hair clamps (Thanks, Sherri!) so today Bailey and I turned them into fun hair clips! Sherri and her daughter made pretty bows with rhinestones and used a hot glue gun to glue them onto the clamps. Bailey and I made them with scrap booking tape and decorated them with buttons, sparkly flowers, butterflies and applique flowers. I tried the glue gun business and making bows, but...well, I just don't have the patience. I do think ours turned out pretty cute though. Bailey and I had a lot of fun decorating them! (I forgot to take photos while we were making them, so all you get to see is our final result!)







Basically, all you need are hair clamps, ribbon and some permanent scrapbook tape! I burned the edges so they wouldn't fray, taped them onto the clamp and we decorated!

1 comment:

sherri said...

Hey, those turned out great! I'll have to try the scrapbook tape. I think I'm frustrated with the glue gun!