I LOVE the smell of cinnamon! So today while Gregory was at school, Bailey and I went to the Dollar Store to search for some cinnamon to make Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments! When we got to the store we went to the spice section and NO CINNAMON. So sad, but I decided to ask one of the workers if they had any in the back and he takes me an end cap full of large sized cinnamon!! So crazy me picks up 5 containers thinking I'll probably need a couple to make a cup and we'll probably want to make tons cuz they're going to smell so nice! Okay, if you do this at home - buy only one cinnamon - over a cup in the container and one recipe makes plenty! (especially if you're making them with a 5 yr and 3 yr old kid!)
All you need is a cup of cinnamon, a cup of apple sauce and a tablespoon of glue! Mix, roll and dry on paper towels. (What am I going to do with all this left over cinnamon??)

Gregory mixing

Bailey's turn!

Kneading the dough a bit

Using cooking cutters to cut out ornaments

Here's what one batch made. And I made them thick to get this project done QUICK. I probably should've waiting until they were older. This is a little messy (and we did it outside), but our house does smell WONDERFUL!! (Oh! Don't forget to poke holes for the hanger)
1 comment:
So how long do those ornaments last? Forever? I bet they smell good! I'll try this if I can find some cinnamon at our dollar store!
Post a Comment