I've been in search of a good crunchy vegan cookie for some time now and I think we've found it! It's a Cowboy Cookie filled with allergy free chocolate chips, oatmeal and coconut! You can also add raisins, cherries and/or dried cranberries, but I left them out. Best of all, the kids LOVE them!
Dairy, Egg and Nut Free Cowboy Cookies
Recipe from Food Allergy Mama
1 c. dairy free margarine
1 c. light brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. dairy free chocolate chips (I added 1½ c)
Optional mix ins:
1/2 c. raisins, cranberries, or cherries (I left out)
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut (I added ½ c)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine dairy free margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add applesauce and vanilla, and mix well.
In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk. Add to dairy free margarine mixture and combine until thoroughly mixed. Stir in oats, dairy free chocolate chips (and optional mix-ins if desired) with a rubber spatula.
Use a cookie scooper to place batter on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 15-17 minutes or just until light brown around the edges. Cool completely on cookie sheet and store in an airtight container for up until 5 days.
Makes 4 dozen cookies
No comments:
Post a Comment