Saturday we took the kids to Long Beach to see the Aquarium of the Pacific. We we planning to meet our friends there at 1pm, but decided to have a picnic lunch in Long Beach before going to the aquarium. We drove down to Gardena (so I could stop off at the 98 cent store) and picked up some food from the Marukai food court to take to Long Beach. I was hoping to find some bento lunches, but they didn't have any so we just got some Japanese food. We drove to Long Beach and found a place to plant ourselves. Lunch was nice and the weather was perfect. So pretty out there! I don't think I've ever been to Long Beach. We had time to walk around after lunch and Bailey got to stick her toes in the sand for a quick moment. The sand was really hot so we told her she had to put her shoes back on. (We got warned from her pediatrician that she may not be able to tell if the ground is too hot for her so to watch out when she walks barefoot - especially on sand) We walked around a bit more and before we knew it we needed to head back to meet Scotty, Riva, Jeffrey and Brandon at the aquarium.
The reason I wanted to take the kids to the aquarium was to see the lorikeet birds that you can hand feed cups of nectar. Oh my gosh! I wish I video taped the place because I can't wait to go back again. Bailey LOVED it. She was so cute with her little cup of nectar. The birds LOVED Clark - climbed all over him (no poops this trip). I tried to feed them, but they didn't climb on me and of course, Gregory watched from afar. The rest of the aquarium is nice too. They have some beautiful salt water tanks. Can't wait to go back again! I'll also do some research to see if they have those birds up here. Maybe at the new academy of science they are building in SF!?!
After the aquarium we went to Grandpa and Bachan's house. We had dinner at Kabuki with Grandpa, Bachan, Uncle Denis, Auntie Lynn, Uncle Rick and Lauren. After dinner we went to our hotel and fell asleep before hitting the tubbers!
| Bailey in the sand |
| Daddy trying to get the bird onto Bailey's arm |
| The Takahashi Family ~ Jeffrey, Riva, Brandon & Scotty (L to R) |
| My little goofball |
No comments:
Post a Comment