Thursday, August 14, 2008

Visiting Basil

Today I took the kids to the Lindsay Wildlife Museum. We've been there quite often, but today I took both of them myself. When we arrived they had Miles out in the petting circle so we ran over so Bailey could pet him. Right next to the petting circle is Basil's cage, but it was empty! (Her favorite rat she likes to see) I asked one of the volunteers where he was and he brought him back out. They had taken them out for cage cleaning. (Note: I think a skunk must have been at the hospital and sprayed cuz PEUWIE PEUWIE every time they opened the door!) We made our usual rounds and pushed all the buttons (a few times each). Today Bailey said her favorite was the snake and Gregory said his was the rabbit! :)

Miles in the petting circle
Bailey and Gregory in the eagle's nest
Looking at the snake
Listening to the bird calls
Playing in the discovery room ~
actually watching a girl have a tantrum
Basil sleeping on his water bottle

Miles in his cage

No comments: