Today was our little Bailey's first day of preschool! Last night we packed our snack, picked an outfit to wear and labeled our bags so we wouldn't have to rush around this morning. When we woke up today we got dressed, had breakfast and even had a little time to play before heading off to school. Mommy took a couple of pictures - Bailey was so excited to go to school today! She was beaming!
 |
| Blueberries, grapes and chex mix |
 |
| We labeled our snack bag and backpack |
 |
| Bailey even laid out her shoes at the foot of the stairs. |
When we got to school there was a note outside to find our cubby, decorate it with a sticker, get signed in and wash our hands. We did all that and went outside to see the big playground. Gretchen and Grace (her two summer school teachers) chatted with Bailey and really made her feel special. Gretchen took us back inside to see the "Goodbye Window" and we said our goodbyes. (As mommy was fighting back the tears - no, I did surprisingly well!) No tears, just smiles.
Gregory and I got in the car and went to get a haircut - today was Gregory's turn. He did well and we came home to pack a lunch and play a bit. Bailey has physical therapy on Tuesdays and it's at the same site as her preschool so we had a picnic lunch in the back of the van.
 |
| Gregory's new doo |
We picked Bailey up at noon and I chatted with her teachers. Both of them said she did very well! While we ate lunch Bailey filled me in on her day - sang songs, played in the sand, played on the playground equipment, read stories, painted, ate a popscicle! (they had popscicles for snack and accidentally gave her one - they felt bad and told me about it when I picked her up, but I had told them I was glad she got one - I read on the calendar they handed out this morning they were going to have popscicles and told Clark I sure hope they give her one) Anyways, she had a GREAT time and is looking forward to going back on Thursday. I'm so relieved. I feel like taking a snoozer! I was a nervous wreck the last couple of days wondering how today would go.
No comments:
Post a Comment