Last night as I was looking through some blogs, I found this lady who shares her weekly dinner menus. I thought, what a great idea! I’ve been in a rut lately. Clark says we have the same things over and over each week. He’s right, but since I have him get the same meats and veggies each week I just end up cooking what’s quick and easy with things we have in the refrigerator of freezer. If I write down what we are having for the week and shop for those meals maybe I’ll get a little more varied in my menus. I’ll try it for a while and see how it goes. I’m thinking I’ll do this on Sundays since Clark goes shopping Sunday mornings before getting his coffee (or lately it’s been Jamba Juice since the kids love them). Let me know what you’re having for dinner too! I’m looking for new ideas. :)
Sunday – BBQ flank steak, rice, miso eggplant, kimchi daikon, cabbage tsukemono, quick Japanese cucumber pickles, ice cream. (I went pickle crazy Sunday and made all three for the week)
Monday – Whole baked chicken, stove top stuffing, rice, gravy, cauliflower, blueberries and homemade ice cream
Tuesday – Butatofu – well, I make it with ground turkey so is that turkey tofu? Broccoli, rice, pickles, watermelon and chocolate pudding
Wednesday – Chicken curry with onion, carrots, potato and peas, rice, pickles, kiwi and watermelon
Thursday – Porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes and zucchini and salad for mommy and daddy
Friday – BBQ at Grandpa and Grandma’s!
Saturday – Kahlbi, grilled veggies, sweet potato, rice, watermelon
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment