Today my girlfriends from high school (minus Megumi who's a new mommy!) got together for our yearly reunion. We all met at Sherri's house for lunch and chit chatted the day away. I couldn't tell you the last time I just hung out with my girlfriends without our kids. Maybe at our last reunion? I love my kids to pieces, but I must say it was really nice to just hang with my friends.
Since I was away, Daddy babysat the kids! This was his first time alone with the kids for longer than a trip to the market or doctor. Before I left, I packed them a picnic lunch so they could have a nice day at the zoo. The weather was nice and a perfect day for hanging out at the zoo. They saw a few animals, had a picnic and rode the train. Oh, and had a popsicle! Daddy said they were a little unruly, but they said they had a good time. When they came home, Bailey said they played little people. On my way home, I stopped by Grams house to drop off a new Japanese drama for her to watch and picked up some chicken at Manny's for dinner. (Clark's favorite!) I had made salsa last night so we were all set for a quick and easy dinner. What a fun day for us all!
2 comments:
That sure was fun yesterday seeing you all! Thanks for leaving the salad leftovers too, Brian and I enjoyed that! I can't believe your kids were "unruly", no way. Stay tuned for my post with the same picture tomorrow!
Glad you got a chance to hang out with your high school friends and had a good, fun time. We moms deserve a break once in a while, and boy is it nice when we do!
Post a Comment