Monday, July 21, 2008

Puppy Project

Today I guess I was feeling adventurous. I decided to make plaster of paris puppies with the kids. I found this kit and thought it'd be quite fun so I bought it. Figured it was only two dollars so even if it didn't turn out it wouldn't be a big deal. Well, we all sat down, mixed the plaster, poured it into the mold and waited for it to dry. (No photos - I was too worried about getting plaster all over the kitchen!) Once they were almost dry I popped them out of the mold and put them outside to dry. The package said they'd dry in a couple of hours, but 5 hours later they were still a little damp. We decided to paint them anyways. The kids got out their water color paints and painted away. They both had a great time painting their puppy and quite proud of their final project. Its been about ten hours since we poured the mold and they are still wet though. Tomorrow we'll glue on the magnets - assuming they are dry!

Everything we needed to take two puppy
magnets came in this kit!
Bailey waiting her turn to stir the plaster.
Gregory waiting his turn.
Plaster in the mold.
Bailey painting her puppy.
Gregory painting his puppy.

We're all done, Mommy.

Gregory's finished project
Bailey's all done!
Bailey's puppy

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm a friend of Sherri's - love your blog, your kids are adorable!