Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our garden

Daddy loves to garden with the kids. I watch. The kids love to water their plants and harvest their crops. Every night when Daddy gets home they all go out and check how their plants are doing and give them some water. You'd be amazed what can grow in a small garden like ours.


We are just about to have WAY TOO MANY nectarines ripen on our tree. I'm thinking over 100 this year. What are we going to do with over 100 nectarines?! I'm open for suggestions. They are really juicy, but they are very delicate and don't hold very long. I think I'll have to search for a fat free/no cholesterol/dairy free fruit cobbler recipe. Although I'm not sure if they will cook very well.


The squirrels haven't touched this pumpkin! Daddy says there are 3 or 4 pumpkins on the plant this year, but I can only find this one.


Kabocha - I'm looking forward to eating home grown kabocha this year! YUM. I can't wait!


Edamame finally sprouted. This is the second or third round, but this batch is looking really healthy! We won't be getting many beans, but its enough for the kids to see how edamame grows.


Our poor papaya zucchini just never had a chance. At one point we had a lot of flowers and some tiny zucchini, but something ate them all and we never got a second round. :( So blue...

No comments: