This afternoon I made salsa. Not a fresh salsa, but a cooked one. My aunty gave me her recipe and today I made a batch. It was my first try and a cooked salsa, but I've been searching around for a recipe I could freeze. My aunty cans hers, but that would be too hard for me to handle so I had planned to freeze mine in zip lock bags.
When I started I was thinking I was going to have enough salsa to last me through the winter. I skinned two large bowls of ripe tomatoes and once I started to seed and squeeze out some of the water I realized, hmmm, I think I'm only going to have a couple of bags of salsa. Well, as it was cooking and reducing down I was worried I'd only end up with a cup! After all is said and done, I ended up with a four cup container of salsa. Which may be gone by the end of the night. Clark seems to love it! :) It's a little spicy for me, but the flavor is really good. I'm thinking it'll be perfect on a block of fat free cream cheese! YUM!
1 comment:
Hey do you think that would be something good to make with all our extra tomatoes from the garden? Is it easy? Looks good!
Post a Comment